the complete and honest truth

my humble attempt to collect memories i will regret not remembering, and documenting the things in life i'm fortunate enough to take for granted...

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

After hours of painting.

I've been painting the nursery for hours today. After taking a big break from Sunday-Tuesday, it was back to work today, as baby-time is fast approaching! For those who don't know, I've taken on a super ambitious project of painting a floral mural on the window wall in the blue girl's room. I don't really have an artistic bone in my body, so I just hope it comes out decent. I just completed a 3 hour marathon of painting (after doing more earlier at naptime), so I'm sleepy. I want to go to sleep, but must watch Top Chef Master's finale - and blog. Because I made a commitment.

Here goes!

Triple Roll Toliet Paper

There are a lot of things I don't like to hear come out of my the mouth of my boys. But I'm not just talking about curse words, or other such ugly things. I'm talking about the phrases that sound like this... Nik: "Mommy, there's just no more toilet paper in here. Can you bring me some?" Alex: "Mommy, there's no more paper, I just need the baby wipes." and Ethan with the "Yeah, I wiped. There was just a little left." When I knew for a fact there wasn't any in there, and had personally thrown away the empty roll, and not yet placed a new one/extras in there. Sigh.

So, here's to you, something that has to be a great thing to be at least a little bit grateful for, if it enables me to hear these phrases just a little less often.

*And I just want to add - the day they learn to check for TP before they handle things? There will so be a post about that.

The Emergence of Pride

Nik would be beyond embarassed if he knew I was posting anything about this. So, those who know him (or have children who do!), this is top secret information. Never to be spoken outloud, or reprinted. Nik had an accident last night. It never happens to him, not in many, many years. Not even when he's sick, it's just not his style. And this incident proved to me that he had matured in a way that was incredibly bittersweet. He told me what happened, I told him to just go clean up, sleep on the couch, and he didn't need to say anything else. He was clearly embarassed, and it's almost like he was trusting me with the information, and worried I would tease him. We are pretty big on teasing in this home, relentless really. This was a huge moment, because this wasn't something he could be teased about - he's developing pride, and that's a pretty big deal. His brothers don't know what happened, but I sure bet (hope) Nik thinks twice before he teases Ethan or Alex the next time it happens to them.

Zofran

This one kind of speaks for itself. A wonder drug, that enables me to live each day a little better than I would have without it. Today I was really pregnant sick. Some days are worse than others, even at 30 weeks. I was cursing the Zofran, wondering why on earth it wasn't helping me feel better today. But really, shouldn't I be grateful for the 6 out of 7 days a week it does help? Shouldn't I imagine that today could've been much, much worse had I not had the Zofran? How ungrateful am I, that there's this chemo drug, that I'm fortunate enough to be allowed to take during my pregnancy, to make the days livable. And that's when I knew it would be on my list tonight ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home