the complete and honest truth

my humble attempt to collect memories i will regret not remembering, and documenting the things in life i'm fortunate enough to take for granted...

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Would also be kinda grateful for a Celtic win in game 4.

Ramen Soup

I'm not hungry anymore tonight, and I have ramen soup to thank for that. Food was coveted when I was a kid, there were 8 of us kids, you know? But there was always ramen soup. The perfect meal. My Mom made it with eggs, I had no idea that wasn't just the way it was made, until I was an adult, but I still do it that way. I still buy it (now, granted, when I make it for the kids I use much less of the sodium-indulgent seasoning), and still have very much love for it. Delilah will eat an entire pack (although hers is super buttered up, for the fat), Nik will eat 2! It's easy, fast, versatile, and at $1.29 for 6 packs, there's seriously no better value meal.

Last Place Baseball Teams

Nik's always been on the teams that don't seem to win much. For basketball, baseball, soccer, etc. But this season, playing Little League (vs. Parks & Rec), he's been on a winning team. I don't know the stats, but I know he's much improved over his last 2 baseball seasons. And they've won games, something kinda new to him! They hit a terrible 3 losses in a row, but tonight had a game against the last-place team. They won, and they felt great and confident afterwards. While I know how much it sucks to be on the consistently losing team, and always hoping you'll pull off a miracle win - I'm really glad that the boys were able to go out get a win tonight, and have their confidence renewed for their last game Saturday. So, thank you last-place team for helping our boys get the win they desperately they needed.

Target Customer

Yes, I take responsibility for my girl baby having access to my phone in the cart. I had it next to her, because I had my list on it. I needed (yes, needed) ingredients for white chocolate bread pudding, and had to be sure I got everything. Somewhere between linguine (for dinner tomorrow), and milk, my cell phone had gone missing. Definitely wanted to call Josh and tell him what his daughter had done, but yeah. No phone. Searched, and searched the aisles. Scanning the customers, judging them as to whether I thought my phone was in their pocket. Worrying that someone found it, and might not take it to guest services till they had finished their shopping. Concerned that since she probably threw it, it might not be in working condition. Hoping someone would recognize the perpetrator's face on the screen and see me searching. I get in line, after giving up the search, and hear them call "Rebekah Wrye to Guest Services". Yay! Some customer, probably one I had judged, turned my phone in - and quickly! Either the customer, or guest services, got my name by calling the entry labeled "Mom" and getting my name from her. Genius.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home