the complete and honest truth

my humble attempt to collect memories i will regret not remembering, and documenting the things in life i'm fortunate enough to take for granted...

Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday

Baby.

My little bugs has 3 baby dolls. She has what was her first baby doll, which shows by it's tattered appearance (yes, she is just 18mths old, but she's hard on her baby dolls!). She has her first baby Cabbage Patch doll, Gertie. And then there's this cheapish one, that my parents got her for Christmas. This last doll is my Lilla's "baby". And in the last few days, she's become very attached to her baby. If she can't find her, she comes to me with the most concerned look and says "baby?". I know what she's looking for, and if I don't respond quick enough, or pull a baby from behind my back, she gets far more aggressive, because I must not have heard her or understood the urgency.

While I can see how this might get old, I'm sure it's just a phase, so I'll appreciate it while I have it. It's very silly for now, and almost endearing the way she carries this baby, has concern for this baby, a preference for her, and even realized she can change her clothes! I'm sure I'll be over it the first time we leave "baby" somewhere, and my Lilla can't sleep. But for now, in her little 18 month old world, her baby means so much to her. And therefore, its the sweetest thing in the world.

Best Friends.

I love my best friend dearly, and I'm lucky to have her. This surely won't be the only post ever about her, but she's definitely one of the best things that's ever happened to me.

Late Night Activity.

Baby Cece reserves nighttime, as her most active time. I'm sure it's because it's nearly the only time of day that I'm still, but that's besides the point. From the moment my day slows down, she's there. Reminding me that she's growing, that's she's getting closer to being on the outside, and that she's strong. I wake up often during the night (not thanks to Lilla anymore, at least!), and there's my Cece. Moving like a wild baby, kicking and flipping, all hours of the night. I love it so much, and am so grateful that although this wasn't in my plan - she's thriving and sure to be an amazing little sister, and addition to my family. Her late-night antics now, are as they will be in a few months - just her & I, in the wee hours of the morning, our little time together.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

All 3 got me teary! Love the mom and friend that you are!

June 14, 2010 at 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home