the complete and honest truth

my humble attempt to collect memories i will regret not remembering, and documenting the things in life i'm fortunate enough to take for granted...

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Well, that didn't work out...

So, my plan didn't work out. Not even a little bit, and it was (admittedly) all for lack of effort. Instead of trying to give myself a guideline by which to document/remember things. I'm just going to wing it, and torture you all with my random thoughts, and all the tiny, mundane details about my day.

Yesterday was the first day of school. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing it is, to wake up at 7:15a, and not be mentally preparing myself for the race to puke every morning. Sweet. I'm awake. Just completely, and totally not rested - but awake, and standing nonetheless! I'm able to get the boys up, neb Ethan, make homemade waffles, change & feed a Cece. (who evidently, was just as tired as I was, judging by how she slept all day....) and get the boys on the bus, complete with pictures, all by 8:18.

Another highlight of my day, yesterday, was naptime. It was soo quiet. Like, almost silent. J went to the gym, Alex napped (later I find out it's due to high fever, mostly), Bugs napped, and the Ceceboo snuggled for a bit & then crashed. I ate a meal. Without anyone saying "I'm bored, what can I do?"; "Ethan just quit our game!"; "Nik just tackled me!"; and my personal least favorite? "Can you play Monopoly City?" (which, thankfully, let's you auction for properties, and I always bid 20million for anything I'm auctioning. Somehow... I've never won. But the game is over quick and Nik will tell anyone "Man, I crushed Mommy at Monopoly City!") I made doughnut muffins, for afterschool snack. Loaded the dishwasher, folded laundry, and picked up around the house. All before Cece, Bugs, or Dub showed their faces. It was nice. I missed the Bigs dearly, but I know we all had a great summer, and it was time. Quiet was nice.

Today was my first real day of school. Today was reality, and what I should really expect. Ethan's been wheezey for a few days, and after last night, it was just time to take him in. I put him on the bus, just in case the appointment was for later. The appointment is for 9:30a. I've gotten everyone up and dressed, but only Cece & I leave. Lilah & Alex stay home, I don't like them to see the Peds office more than they already do. Cece & I: Go to Elem school. Get Ethan. Go to Ped. Wait at Ped. Get rx. Go to Pharmacy. Stop at home. Get Lilah & Alex. (so glad I'd already done her hair) Go to Elem school. (this is where I call 1 minute away from the school and say "Hi, I'm dropping Ethan back off. Do we all need to come in, or can I just watch him walk into the office? I have three little ones in the car." And the lady says "No, you'll need to come sign him in, sorry!" Fair enough. We all walk in, and the office lady says "Oh! You didn't need to bring him in yourself, he could've walked up! Sigh. Clearly other lady has no children.) Go to Walmart. (super yay!) Drop van off for oil change. Shop. Nurse Ceceboo in the sling. Look for Dora the Explorer t-shirts. Pick up the van. Drive home. Feed Lilah. Shower Lilah. Naps. 2p - phone rings. Elem nurse, Ethan needs picked up. Go get Ethan. Neb Ethan. Tylenol Alex (who was 103.8, btw). And now I'm blogging. I've still found time to manage laundry, plan dinner, and play Bejewled Blitz.

These are the days I expected, but I seriously love my life, and wouldn't want it any other way. I'm excited for the bustle of Nik coming home, excitedly, from his second day of 4th grade. Hearing about it, making sure they all have a snack. Making dinner, managing homework, finishing today's laundry, showers/baths, medications... followed by ridiculous amounts of snuggling with my 5.5 week old little blue.

A few extra tidbits.

-Nik got a letter from a 5th grader, to the incoming 4th graders. In it he used the word "torcher". But I'm wondering if he meant torture? Could completely change the sentence.

-As we're driving, Ethan (who can be profoundly thoughtful, once in a while) says "Mommy, why are the trees moving?". Which means he either thought - A. The car was still and the trees were flying by. or B. I forgot to teach him about the wind. Not one of his most profound moments.

-I'm putting Alex down for nap, and I've laid 5 of his blankets on him. And said "Well, there you go, that should be enough." And he says "Can I just have one more?". Of course, I gave it to him, but seriously - does it make a difference after like 3 blankets?!


If I stick to random thoughts, and details about my day I'm sure I'll keep this up more. It's mostly so I can print it at the end of the year. As I'm told, with baby girls 19mths apart, I'm probably not going to remember this year, anyway.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home